Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Possible virus preventing email program from starting  (Read 2817 times)

jandal

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Possible virus preventing email program from starting
    « on: December 19, 2009, 05:39:40 PM »
    I'm wondering if my computer with Windows Vista Home Premium edition OS has a virus! Today I suddenly could not open my Mozilla Firefox to read my email, getting instead the following message: "Windows needs to install driver software for your ethernet controller." I'm a newbie, by the way, so what exactly is an ethernet controller?? I tried unsuccessfully to locate and install the driver software and since I did not have the original CD and all other options failed I can't open my Firefox program to access my email! Something happened since earlier this morning after I did send some email messages. I have never installed drivers before so I would need some help, perhaps from the Windows web site? Could it be a virus? I run AVIRA AntiVir 9 every day so I thought I was protected.  I would greatly appreciate any advice from my fellow Computer Hope colleagues. Thank you.    ???

jandal

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Possible virus preventing email program from starting
    « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 12:37:53 PM »
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

please go to above and complete and post the 3 logs here an expert will look at them

keep the malware , sas and ccleaner in your pc and run weekly