Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot find driver (or know why driver isn't working) for display  (Read 4403 times)

kirbyfox

Topic Starter

Hello-

I have a Lenovo 3000 C100 laptop and I just received a nice 1600X900 display. I've been trying to get the laptop to display in the correct format, and even updated my graphics card driver- but I can't seem to figure out how to find the correct driver to install for 1600X900 display nor figure out how to correctly make it go into that mode.

I'm hoping to have a nice setup so I can use this monitor instead of my laptop one, due to how bad it is- but I can't seem to figure out how to do all of that and my searching has gotten me nowhere.

Thanks.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Cannot find driver (or know why driver isn't working) for display
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 09:39:29 PM »
    Laptop drivers should only come from the laptop manuf. site...

That being said if the chipset does not support that resolution you may be out of luck.
    Check the manuf. specs for that laptop vid chip.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 09:58:01 PM »
    See if anything here helps
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000801.htm
    I suspect your laptop has the Intel 915GM chipset, if this is the case you can  look here for more information and drivershttp://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915gm/

kirbyfox

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 10:16:05 PM »
      It appears my driver is up to par, and yet I still am unable to change it to 1600X900.

I've looked at the graphics card, and it supports it- but I for some reason am unable to access it and tell my computer to change.

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 10:32:30 PM »
      You're not giving much information to work with. What kind of graphics card? Is the monitor showing up in device manager? Are the drivers installed for it? If you right click on your destop and click on graphics properties is it set on monitor?