Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I want to control which programs access the internet.  (Read 2245 times)

dude1234

Topic Starter

Rookie

I want to control which programs access the internet.
    « on: December 28, 2009, 01:56:06 AM »
    hi, If I'm using the internet, there are occasions when my download slows down and upon checking my Zonealarm panel I see that a program such as Java is using my download. I don't mind if Java checks for updates, but if I am doing something I want to be able to throttle whatever Java is doing until I finish what I am doing. After all I bought the computer and the broadband, so I want control. Can I get software to do this?

ident

Greenhorn

Re: I want to control which programs access the internet.
      « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 06:29:53 AM »
      Java should not be running unles you ask it to. You can stop this in services in msconfig,

also zone alarm is a virus within it self.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 06:39:04 AM »
      Java should not be running unles you ask it to. You can stop this in services in msconfig,

also zone alarm is a virus within it self.
      Ignore this guy

Saurabhdua

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 04:57:02 AM »
        You can always go to the "Program Access" window to Tick or Untick the programs against the 'Net Access'!

I don think there is any better alternative to Zonealarm when it comes to having a better control of Programs!

Moreover, this is what you can try>>>

Control Panel>>Locate the JAVA Icon>>Go to Advanced Tab>>Uncheck the last two options.

Hence, No more Tray Icons & no more Bandwidth restriction! ;)