Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB / Firewire Maxtor Peripheral 80GB Personal Storage Not detected  (Read 2875 times)

claoker

Hi Friends,

I have USB / Firewire External Maxtor Peripheral 80GB Personal Storage which is old by 5 years. I copied all the files to other HD and tried reformatting. Suddenly the laptop dumped with blue screen and later the Laptop re-started.

After restarting , I tried to access the reformat the USB External Hard drive but the drive is not seen .

I uninstalled the USB drivers  and re-installed ,the drivers are able to detect the HARD DISK but NO DRIVE is being assigned to it and not able to reformat.

Tried accessing DISKMGMT.MSC .....no use.  NO EXTERNAL HDD is displayed.

installed HP EXTERNAL HD formatting utility to reformat. The utility picks the volume but not able to format .Throwing ERROR  " Device MEDIA is write protected"

Chekced the gpedit.msc .... no write protection,checked the REGEDIT for storage Device ploices  ....no write protection.  NEED help in reformatting

Thanks in ADV

claoker

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: USB / Firewire Maxtor Peripheral 80GB Personal Storage Not detected
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 05:09:58 PM »