Hardware > Hardware

Post and BIOS not comming up

(1/4) > >>

dutty:
i just built a pc with a sk8v mobo from asus, amd fx53, 2 sticks of 512 ram, 2 SATA harddrives for RAID 0 ,geforece fx5900. soundblaster auidgy.
When i boot it up for the first time everything runs fine. Thiers a green light on the mobo. all the fans run fine. ext but i don't think it does the Power on self test. I hold delete like the manual says to get into BIOS but nuthing happens, the whole time the monitor is blank. At first i thought because the mobo only takes 1.5v agp cards that mine card was a 3.3 but pny( where i got my card) says all thier cards work in 1.5 or 3.3. DO i have to change anything on the card or is it autmatic? i didn't see any jumpers. but even still the montior is blank, if thier is nuthing going to it then it should have a box that says check signal. so i have no idea whats wrong. any help would be appriciated.

dutty:
sory for double post

Joleen:
Any beeps?

dl65:
dutty.....several things.....
first......which dimm slots have you installed the 2 512 sticks of ram into ......
2nd.......the board specs ........say it doesnt support a 3.3 v AGP card .........( you may want to check that out ) it may be your problem , regardless of what the guy that sold you the AGP said.
Do you have a PCI vid card that you could try just to see if the rest of your Mb ok ......( with the AGP vid card removed )

let us know

dl65  ???

dutty:
no beeps, ram is registered and in slots 1 and 3 like the manual states.
it's pny's website that stated their cards are 1.5 and 3.3
i wish i hada pci vid card to try but don't

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version