Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need program read image  (Read 3087 times)

zf490

need program read image
« on: January 15, 2010, 08:33:49 AM »
I want the program. able to read the images that contain numbers and give an alert in case. Exceeded the numeric values for a certain amount
Example
Suppose screen recorded heart rate in the hospital for the patient. Program required. Read the heart rate through the camera, for example, and gives an alert if the increased heart rate of 100 per minute
With thanks
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 12:51:18 PM by zf490 »

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: need program read image
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »
Wha???  ???
Evil is an exact science.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »
We can not give right answer because..
Wrong Question!

What you need is called:

PULSE OXIMETER

It will cost less that a video camera.
Connects directly to computer.
And provides more information.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 10:31:37 AM »
    zf490, Don't know if the example presented reflects the actual situation you desire to have the "alert" on. If it does then it would seem that rather than necessarily having the alert at the site it would be more advantageous to have the "alert" at the common monitoring location IE; the somewhat remote nursing station. In which case i suggest the monitoring is already done there to some degree by the equipment located there (which may or may not include video monitoring) depending on the resources of the facility. So if the real situation you are trying to resolve is different from the example you chose perhaps you could provide it then we could maybe deal with an actual need/solution. As Geek-9pm has stated technology already exists for the example you set. truenorth

zf490

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 04:26:39 AM »
    Thank you
    Example given is one of the uses required by the program and not all.
    I am a doctor in the intensive care. And the program will save a lot of people :D :D :D

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
    Thank you
    Example given is one of the uses required by the program and not all.
    I am a doctor in the intensive care. And the program will save a lot of people :D :D :D
    I can't believe this capability does not exist in equipment that hospitals can obtain from manufacturer's who specialize in medical monitoring equipment. 

But if, indeed, this is not the case, perhaps a specialized forum such as http://www.topix.com/forum/business/medical-equipment or http://www.dotmed.com/news/forums/ or http://www.themedsupplyguide.com/forums/ could be more helpful.  And, if you are actually seeking to design something new, I think you will probably get more help from other, more specialized, resources.  A Google search on medical equipment design or similar phrase may be worth perusing.

lonar23

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 11:15:13 AM »
       ;D yeeeeeeeh......

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
      I have a little training on repair of medical equipment. An a lot of experience on small computer systems.
      It would be very hard to get FDA approval even for a remote monitor device if it was involved in life support. Desktop computers in medicine have to be keep out of the life support loop. The can be used for billing, research and administrative yaks. No responsible manufacture would certified a product that they can not 100% control. That is what rules out the PC for life support. The PC is just too open.

I mentioned earlier the PULSE OXIMETER.
      This device is made by a number of companies, is self contained, has visual and audible alarms, very portable, can be wired to an external alarm and can do simple telemetry. And  fully complies with FDA rules. Other  countries may have similar rules about using equipment that has been certified.

Your project must be limited to an experiment, but must not be used for critical things. A failure of the system could endanger the life of a patient.
      The links posted by Soybean are good.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 12:33:51 PM »
      I am a doctor in the intensive care.

Well then your probably well acquainted with the hardship that is trying to tell a family that their loved one passed away.

So, basically, your making things all the more colourful, because when they ask "did he go peacefully" you can honestly say, "well, he would have been perfectly fine, if my ad-hoc and completely unsupported method of monitoring patients didn't blue screen"

I'm sure they will understand perfectly.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

zf490

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 06:04:59 AM »
      Thank you all
      I know that there are companies. Manufactures. And the preparation of integrated medical services. But in my country We do not have a wide spectrum of choice. So we are trying to rely on other ways to help patients :D