Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pop-ups: Application cannot be executed. The file *** is infected.  (Read 2496 times)

user77

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hi,

I got a very serious issue with my system. Somehow some malware or virus has affected my system. It keeps flashing me virus alert and whenever i try to run any program it says "Application cannot be executed. The file  **** is infected......." (not even a command prompt or notepad can be opened but with multiple try sometime i get the command prompt but it is ridiculous).

Before looking into this forum i tried Installing MBAM - Malware byte in normal mode, but it blocks it from installing even if I try to rename it before downloading.

Then I google'd and searched this forums and tried the instructions a couple links. The Superantispyware is not getting installed at all. I get the installer screen and quickly it vanishes before i can access anything. i tried renaming it with .SCR instead of .exe but still same issue. 

I did luck out and succeed in installing hijackthis under the name iexplore.exe. Also my avast program found nothing after a full scan.

Please help!

jkolak

Hopeful

user77

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Pop-ups: Application cannot be executed. The file *** is infected.
        « Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 06:49:13 AM »
        Thanks so much for the response. I was up late hours and seemingly removed the malware but now have a new problem. I have posted it a couple minutes ago with the name:  ' Removed malware and now Internet will not work in Windows 7 ' since the nature of the problem changed.  I tried to add as much detail as possible in the new thread on my basic computer info. Also is there any way to delete this thread?

jkolak

Hopeful
          Re: Pop-ups: Application cannot be executed. The file *** is infected.
          « Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:56:05 AM »
          Threads can only be removed by System Administrators. Don't worry about it.