Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows failed to load because a required file is missing, or corrupt.  (Read 6454 times)

Bloodvine

Hay my computer froze last night while I was doing the disk cleaning, cause my computer was being really slow, and I turned my computer off cause it wouldn't let me do anything. well now when I start up my computer it goes into the windows boot manager. this is exactly what it says... from top to bottom.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to fix the problem:

1. Insert your installation disc and restart your computer.
2. choose your language settings, and then click "next."
3. Click "repair your computer."

If you do not have this Disc, contact your System Administrator or Computer Manufacturer for assistance.

File: ntoskrnl.exe

Info: Windows failed to load because a required file is missing, or corrupt.

I don't have the windows installation disc and I don't really have the money to get one so can you help me please.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Windows failed to load because a required file is missing, or corrupt.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 02:01:46 PM »
What makes you think it's a malware problem?

Hardist

Rookie

Re: Windows failed to load because a required file is missing, or corrupt.
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 06:25:45 AM »
    Microsoft fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/en-us

For the 0xc0000098 error, you definately need to copy some files from an original installation disc back to your Windows/System32 folder. Can't you lend a disc from someone?