Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop freezes on "Setup is starting Windows". BSOD  (Read 2984 times)

green horn

Topic Starter

Starter

Laptop freezes on "Setup is starting Windows". BSOD
    « on: January 25, 2010, 04:30:49 AM »
    i have some problem with my old laptop and hope that someone can help me. the problem is my laptop infected by virus and malware. after clean it with Avira antivir personal and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. reboot and it freeze on window start up. ( wellcome screen ). after a few days i become fed up and i tried to install a fresh copy of Windows XP. the problems begin.After insert the window xp cd, 1)copy files, 2) Welcome to Setup, 3)f8 agree and format, 4)  Setup copies various files and reboot. after reboot it freeze on the screen(setup will complete in 39 minutes).i tried to install again now it freezes on "Setup is starting Windows"and won't go any further.and have no error message( BSOD ) i already tried the (Memtest+86.170 , change ram to 512mb,reformat my harddisk , used the F5 trick) I am so frustrated. this problem has been the last two month. please help.

My old laptop:Mercury Green320
                           VIA C3 1A Ghz. 512mb ram
                           win XP SP2

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Laptop freezes on "Setup is starting Windows". BSOD
    « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 05:46:24 AM »
    Go to the malware forum on this site and follow the instructions in the announcement on the top of that page.

green horn

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Laptop freezes on "Setup is starting Windows". BSOD
      « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 07:50:22 AM »
      Allan, I am confused ???. now my hard disk already format  ( no system )and my laptop freeze on setup is starting windows. how can i scan for virus or Malware.