Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't setup Outlook (iPhone Issues)  (Read 2652 times)

LauraKoz

Topic Starter

Starter

Can't setup Outlook (iPhone Issues)
    « on: January 28, 2010, 02:25:10 PM »
    I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 and began reinstalling my programs. I have an Office 2000 CD and upgraded via the Microsoft patch/download. Everything installed fine, but when opening Outlook for the first time, regardless of the setup option I choose (e-mail, no e-mail, etc), it throws a "Outlook has stopped working" error and Windows fails to find a solution, only allowing you to close the application. Through my research, this seems to be a common problem (possibly due to add ons?) but I can't seem to find a solution for my particular issue:

I do not use Outlook for mail, but I do use it to back up the contacts on my iPhone. I wanted to set up Outlook, import the contacts from my phone (which I'm not even sure how to go about, but I *think* a 2-way sync will move the contacts from the phone to Outlook without deleting them), and be done with it.

I have not updated with any of the Windows updates yet, so I don't think that is the problem --it has to be something particular to the 2000 software or Windows 7 itself. I'm not a complete idiot but I'm certainly no techie, I'd prefer not to mess with the registry or download random software, but I'm desperate for a solution so that I can have a backup.

Anyone have any ideas?

Running a 32-bit Home Pro version of Windows 7. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you,
    Laura