Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ethernet port not detected....  (Read 2929 times)

smurfette2031

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Smurfette
    Ethernet port not detected....
    « on: January 30, 2010, 12:20:12 AM »
    HI

I was just wondering if anyone would help me. I have a modem which I have been using for 6 years but the last 2 years, using it on my laptop. Last month I did a factory restore on my laptop but havent since then tried using the modem. Only yesterday I tried to set up the modem again i started getting this message (i think it might have deleted by accident during the restore process?):

No Ethernet ports have been found and an Ethernet connection was selected An Ethernet port is required to connect the modem to the computer.

I went into device manager all it had was microsoft 6to4 adaptor with a yellow exclamation mark next to it when I went to investigate further it said that it could not load drivers or something.

Anyways trying to take the initiative to fix it myself I uninstalled the driver thinking I can install it again but no such luck.
     I went into the toshiba australia website downloaded a driver which looked like the right one (wired LAN) but it didnt work.

Tried doing a system restore but it wouldnt let me go further back than 9 january 2010. have tried downloading other drivers but i think theyre the wrong ones becuase it says ethernet network card? or do they just mean ethernet card component in the laptop?

All i know and i can remember is that it was realtek family fast ethernet LAN with some other numbers. its not even showing up under LAN networks in network manager.

SO basically whenever I hook up the ethernet cable to my ethernet port no lights are flashing like it used to, neither on the computer nor the modem. Any suggestions pls.. am getting frustrated.

I am using Windows vista 32bit sp1 on toshiba satellite L300/302.

Much appreciated