Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disk Quota Help?  (Read 6937 times)

gucciluc

Topic Starter

Rookie

Disk Quota Help?
    « on: February 15, 2010, 11:24:16 AM »
    I have a question..

i am running windows server 2003, i have like 10 users.. and i've made home folders and set quota's on their home directory.
    Now that works but i have another question.
    I have also made other maps on a different partition.. i got like 5 maps and i have set the disk quota's to 50 MB max.
    I dont want EACH user to be able to write 50 MB to those maps, i want the maps to be 50 MB all together.. so 50 MB is available for ALL users. So i dont want each user to be able to write 50 MB.

Can anyone help? I have googled alot and searched in the faqs but i couldnt find anything..

Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.!

Gucciluc

wbrost

Intermediate
      Re: Disk Quota Help?
      « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:13:19 PM »
      have you set the disc quota on the share? Try limiting the share quota to 50 MB.

go into disc management then the quota tab.

drivenbywhat

Beginner

Re: Disk Quota Help?
        « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:03:35 AM »
        I'm not 100% sure since I haven't opened up my server book in years. However, I believe this was a limitation of server 2003. It's on a user basis rather than folder basis.
        If you think the number of posts you have coincides with your status you are wrong. If you put guru under experience you are a noob. If your post doesn't help the requester and only starts a flame war think before replying. If you are moderator and contribute to these things you should have your privileges revoked.