Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox & AOL problems  (Read 3977 times)

02bin3

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Firefox & AOL problems
    « on: February 17, 2010, 11:47:43 AM »
    Several weeks ago I finally download Firefox and started using it.  Their troubleshooting and directions were just great so I didn't have much of a problem transitioning from IE...............until 2 days ago when I tried to retrieve my email from AOL and it wouldn't work.  I could go into any other part of AOL that I usually use but not the email.  It would ask for my user name and password and after typing them in it would tell me that I had mail, however, the mail wouldn't load.  Everything works just fine when I switch to IE.  Firefox apparently has this problem with AOL email so that it had some fixes that I tried:  un-installing Adobe Flash Player and then reinstalling it and clearing out all cookies.  Other than those 2 suggestions there was nothing else they recommended.  Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to rectify it in addition to Firefox's suggestions?  Thanks

02bin3

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Firefox & AOL problems
      « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 07:46:22 AM »
      FYI for anyone else with this problem:  Problem solved!  I downloaded the newest Firefox 5.6 and was able to bring up my email in AOL. 

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Firefox & AOL problems
      « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 07:50:26 AM »
      I downloaded the newest Firefox 5.6
      Ahh yes, the H.G. Wells approach to problem solving.