Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet In Kiosk Mode  (Read 3941 times)

jagz

Internet In Kiosk Mode
« on: February 17, 2010, 02:12:52 PM »
I have Kiosk internet running on one system, I have 2 web site  that opens after restart, one of the web site gets closed after logoff to that web site.
I want to make that web site reopens automatically every time after it closes . (second web site stays open even after log off to the site. Any script that can help??
User do not have access to the desktop or other program so there is no way that user can open IE.

Jagz

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Internet In Kiosk Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:00:40 PM »
1:)You must have MS Word installed (just installed,not running) for this script to work
2:)Copy the code to notepad
3:)Replace "hope" in line 12 with a unique word from the title of the web page, or found in the running task in taskmanager for the window you wish to keep open.
4:)Replace http://www.computerhope.com in line 18 with the url you want to keep open.
5:)Save the file to startup folder as anyname.vbs , be sure to change file type to "all file"

Code: [Select]
strComputer = "."

Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
 Do While i < 3 
Set colTasks = objWord.Tasks
i = 0

For Each objTask in colTasks
    strName = LCase(objTask.Name)
    If Instr(strName, "hope") Then
        i = 1
    End If
Next

If i = 0 Then
    objShell.Run "iexplore.exe -k http://www.computerhope.com"

End If
Wscript.Sleep 20000
Loop

Result:
This will loop every 20000 milliseconds (20 seconds) looking for "hope" in open windows/running task. If "hope" is not found www.computerhope.com will be opened in kiosk mode.

Note:
If you place this on the desktop and double click it to start for testing purposes and you then kill the wscript.exe process, you also need to kill the winword.exe process before starting the script again. Not killing the winword.exe process and restarting the script will result in multiple instances of winword.exe working against each other resulting in high cpu usage.