Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble uploading something?  (Read 14002 times)

James1431997

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Trouble uploading something?
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:39:53 AM »
Hi. I'm sorry, but I don't know what to call it. My computer has finally doing a work unit, but when i hover over the icon on the taskbar it says. CPU - F@H - Attempting to send results.

It's been saying that for about an hour. Is it meant to do that, and if not, how do I fix it?

Thanks in Advance,
James ;D

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Trouble uploading something?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:01:48 AM »
Usually it's just be the server not responding or being overloaded and it just takes time to get sent. Other times it can be fixed by rebooting the computer. However I see you've got completed units and have got your profile updated with the F@H icon. Welcome and thanks.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

James1431997

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »
Usually it's just be the server not responding or being overloaded and it just takes time to get sent. Other times it can be fixed by rebooting the computer. However I see you've got completed units and have got your profile updated with the F@H icon. Welcome and thanks.
I have?  :o My computer never seemed to be able to finish one. Anyway, thanks!.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 12:29:50 PM »

You're welcome. Found you're stats here.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:47:42 AM »
It looks like you got the unit uploaded but for future reference you can right-click on the icon and click status>log file. This will show you what the client is doing.
Right click on the icon and click configure. On the advanced tab be sure the Do NOT lock cores to specific cpu has a check beside it.

You may also want to look into the GPU client to put that HD5700 to work. Just right click on the icon and click on "pause work" before you start gaming and unpause it when you are finished gaming. The GPU client and CPU client can be ran at the same time.

James1431997

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »
It looks like you got the unit uploaded but for future reference you can right-click on the icon and click status>log file. This will show you what the client is doing.Right click on the icon and click configure. On the advanced tab be sure the Do NOT lock cores to specific cpu has a check beside it.

You may also want to look into the GPU client to put that HD5700 to work. Just right click on the icon and click on "pause work" before you start gaming and unpause it when you are finished gaming. The GPU client and CPU client can be ran at the same time.
Hi. I tried installing the GPU client, but when I load it, it says my GPU is not currently supported, or to try and update the driver. The driver was up to date though at the weekend?

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 10:50:54 PM »
Hmmm. I'm pretty sure that card should work. Did you download the Catalyst Software? http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-64bit I believe you need the catalyst software version 9.11 for higher for that card. (The newest is 10.2)
If you've already done that you may have to create a shortcut to the gpu client,click on properties and add -forcegpu ati_r700 to the target. The target would look something like this
"C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu\[email protected]" -forcegpu ati_r700

If neither of those things work let me know and I'll help you search for an answer.