Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: C&C3 Kane's Wrath AI Fail  (Read 6360 times)

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
C&C3 Kane's Wrath AI Fail
« on: February 20, 2010, 04:12:28 PM »
I would be amazed if anyone can figure this out but... I recently (yesterday) installed C&C3 KR and tried playing a skirmish on easy mode. Destroyed all the other CPU players with absolute ease and thought nothing of it. Later I played against medium CPU levels and realised that the game was horrifically easy because the CPU players were not collecting resources properly.

For those that don't know:
- The only resource is Tiberium.
- It grows in fields around the map.
- Harvester vehicles collect and return Tiberium to refineries for processing into credits

Now I noticed that firstly, CPU players would only build 1 refinery.
[It's normal to build multiples. In fact under normal circumstances the AI sometimes gets stuck building hundreds]

Secondly, CPU players don't seek out new Tiberium fields.
[CPU players are supposed to expand their income by establishing refineries near to fresh Tiberium fields]

Thirdly, basic harvester AI is not working correctly. Once a Tiberium field is depleted the harvesters will not move on to the next nearest field. This affects AI and me!
[Since the first C&C harvesters have had basic AI telling them that once a Tiberium field is depleated they should scan a preset distance to find the nearest viable field of Tiberium]

This only occurred after I upgraded from Vista (clean install of Win7 so it's not that) and I've always run the latest version of the game. Anyone got any ideas?

paries669

Rookie

Re: C&C3 Kane's Wrath AI Fail
    « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 07:19:38 PM »
    Mabey your just that good J/K I dunno you got me, I haven't played that one yet, just about every other one though. Are there any patches to download???  Check this out if your into cnc games I just downloaded it today it Red Alert:a Path Beyond it is 100% free and legal very close to style of cnc renegade http://www.moddb.com/games/red-alert-a-path-beyond SORRY I CANT HELP thats kinda funny though, Have you tried playing in compatabilty mode
    greetz  jonny

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:06:14 AM »
    Awesome, I give that a go.

And I might try the compatability mode idea as well.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 07:57:47 PM »
    My friend who has C&C3KW has sometimes experienced that glitch, but changing the difficulty of the AI usually does the trick.
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
      • Yes
    « Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 05:30:44 AM »
    My friend who has C&C3KW has sometimes experienced that glitch, but changing the difficulty of the AI usually does the trick.

Thanks, I'll try randomising CPU difficulty to see if that makes a difference.

Does anyone think that EA will ever release the SDK and finish patching Kane's Wrath?

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 01:38:16 PM »
    Thanks, I'll try randomising CPU difficulty to see if that makes a difference.

Does anyone think that EA will ever release the SDK and finish patching Kane's Wrath?
    I can't remember how the AI levels actually worked, but he changed it from the most-difficult to the least, and then back to where he wanted it originally.
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.