Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: html emails using outlook express  (Read 4402 times)

jewels

html emails using outlook express
« on: July 05, 2005, 07:46:11 AM »
Hey guys,

I have made a html flyer which actually has no html text in it it is simply a gif image. Anyhow, I have saved it as html sent an email to another person and it worked fine - the flyer appeared straight away without any opening of attachments (which was the desired effect).

But when you go to print the email it comes up with all the email subject, address etc at the top, but the image is lost. It  prints out one of them dreaded boxes with the red cross in it!!

I am sending this from pc to pc in Outlook 2000 and it will not print. When I send it to a MAC in Entaurage - it prints out fine!!??

I thought uploading the html & image to the website, but i dont undertand how this would affect the printing of the email...

Anybody got any idea....?? I am going crazy!

:o

merlin_2

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: html emails using outlook express
    « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 01:47:33 PM »
    Unless you get the recipients to set their computers up to receive your html email it will never work properly.
    Anyone (me) who is at all security minded is reading & writing email in plain text and not allowing their computer to open attachments.
    Call me paranoid.  8)

Raptor

Re: html emails using outlook express
    « Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 01:14:58 AM »
    I do not open or write in HTML format.