Software > Virus and spyware removal

Atapi.sys and other stuff

(1/4) > >>

cldmafia:
Recently there's a been a surge in virus and malware stuff that's pretty much never happened to me up until this point. I thought I could handle it by myself but now it just seems like it's getting out of hand, either coincidence or all these are connected.

So maybe a week ago I got a virus(?) called av.exe and I thought I fixed that, but now I'm getting stuff detected by AVG like lyepsftav.exe and cpwk.exe.

I've been using Spybot Search and Destroy but I got MalwareBytes' as well to delete avsoft or whatever off of my computer.

Now I just got an alert from AVG telling me about atapi.sys being infected and something about Win32/Patched.CG? I've just been reading horror stories of deleting the file through MalwareBytes' so I'm pretty weary of what I should do and how concerned I should be.

Can anyone help?

Geek-9pm:
If you have a full system backup you can find the virgin file on the backup and put it onto your system. But that may be tricky. It is a system file and you might not be able to overwrite it.
You may need to wait awhile for a solution. The problem is widespread and Malware bytes and others are working on it. This is not all new, but this is a new twist on a trick that was used before.
Here is a thread with some more recent information.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic294140.html
Note that they do not have a clear answer.
 On this forum you may find this topic using the key-phrase Google redirect.
http://www.computerhope.com/search.htm?cx=003411668307610607965%3Ah4yba8pbdco&cof=FORID%3A9%3BNB%3A1&q=Google+redirect&sa=Search

Look and see if that is what your have.

cldmafia:
I don't know about that first post, but I did look through the google redirect problems. I don't quite understand the problem but whenever I search for anything and click on a link it takes me there. However, when I use Internet Explorer 8 (I usually use Firefox like right now) and go to Tools and try to use Windows Update (like what some other people have been saying) it says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

Oh and I just tried googling the URL for the windows update site and that also gives me the "cannot display webpage." Or if I google "windows update" and then click on the first link it redirects me to the same page then if I click it again it sends me to "cannot display webpage" again.

BC_Programmer:
follow the guide here and post the three logs (Malware bytes, Super Anti-Spyware, Hijackthis) here and wait for a Malware expert to assist you.  :)

evilfantasy:
Please leave the malware topics for the malware team. Any reply makes them have to wait longer when we are busy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version