Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Won't connect to internet  (Read 4221 times)

Kurasii

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Won't connect to internet
    « on: March 02, 2010, 08:12:33 AM »
    Hey. I've had my laptop for about a year, and it's running vista home premium. It's never really had a problem before, but recently, after I had logged into windows, it wouldn't connect to the internet. This has happened about 4 times now. I'm also on a wireless connection. When I go to "Network" in the start menu and check it out, it says there's a cable unplugged, but I go down and check my router, and nothing is unplugged. So I have to unplug the router, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in. THEN my internet will work.

But doing this is very annoying, especially since it takes around 10 minutes to finally connect. I'm wondering what the problem could be!!

There is another laptop in the house, and 2 PCs, all of which have no problems connecting to the router, so it's only my laptop. No settings have been changed, it just started doing this out of the blue.

Thanks for any help!!!

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Won't connect to internet
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »
    Do you use a wireless connection for the other laptop or either of the 2 PCs?  Or, is your laptop the only computer using a wireless connection?

Kurasii

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 10:52:17 AM »
      I'm not sure about the PCs because they don't belong to me, but the other laptop is using wireless as well.

Kurasii

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 07:37:30 AM »
        See, now this morning it connected without a problem and I haven't done anything different. I'm not sure if the problem is fixed or not, but I doubt it.