Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why does Trendnet modem/router (TEW-435BRM) not work?  (Read 3056 times)

2x3i5x

Topic Starter

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Why does Trendnet modem/router (TEW-435BRM) not work?
« on: March 04, 2010, 05:20:01 PM »
I am using windows vista SP2, I have AT&T high speed internet. (The $20 service they have)

1. I bought a trendnet modem/router model TEW-435BRM. NOTE: this product comes with ADSL modem and a router built into one box (So I only need the Trendnet box to get modem capability and router capability without needing additional hardware

2. It was working fine for 3 months, then all of sudden it stopped working. Assumed ISP was having issues, since no internet connection for 5 days and resetup of modem after pressing reset button was useless.

3. Contacted, AT&T, they sent a techsupport guy to my house, and he verified ISP connection was perfectly fine. (He replaced the trendnet modem in question with his own test modem and was online in 1 min and he went to www.google.com successfully to prove that the trendnet modem/router was the source of why I had nonworking internet connection to my computer)

4. contacted Trendnet Tech support, they get me a new replacement modem of same model, but I tested and same problem as before and error message said PPPoe server not found, please check your internet connection type.

5. I go buy a D-Link modem and connected to my computer and was online within 1 min, and the D-Link modem still works right now, which is how I'm connecting to AT&T service at the moment. D-Link modem works standalone or if I want to connect to internet with a standalone router bridged to D-Link modem, it's fine. Both will work.

6. Trendnet modem still does not want to connect. Trendnet has sent me 2 more replacement modems but all end up not working, with PPPoe server error and internet light not on indicating modem is not "seeing" internet connection.

Any idea why trendnet modem/router will not see AT&T internet connection, while my D-Link connected via a linksys BESFX41 router will work? I already spent $$ on the trendnet product, I can't return it back to Fry's Electronics and trendnet tech support hasn't solved the problem! 

NOTE: I get on the internet via PPPoe, I have a login name and password for it, so that is no problem.