Microsoft > Microsoft DOS

Mistery Path N:1\ versus Y:\

<< < (2/7) > >>

Esgrimidor:
Understood.

I don't think about a virus. I have many defenses running by night every day and residents.

It's seems not to be a virus. Simply anothe way of mapping units.

But I would like to learn and correct because I can't connect with ditto in some partitions.

Esgrimidor:
Nobody knows about Y: versus N:1     ?

It may be an alternative way to path.

BC_Programmer:

--- Quote from: Esgrimidor on March 08, 2010, 04:38:49 AM ---Nobody knows about Y: versus N:1     ?

It may be an alternative way to path.

--- End quote ---

It's not, it's meaningless.

Esgrimidor:
I have scanned the windows registry. Appears in three keys :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List

in cnet.com forum tell me about a hard disk substitution in the past. May be......... But the N: will be understandable, but N:1 is meaningless agreed.

Perhaps with a macro substitution in the windows registry and reinitiating may solution the problem.

I am remembering now , a few years ago, i have replicated systems. That was a stupid thing of course.  Consist in the use of Selfimage or Acronis to restore a copy initially under a unit in other unit.
I remember use jv16 2008 for make the macro substitutions in the registry and direct all to the new unit. And works.... but perhaps are parts of the windows registry that are hidden, like the hive o something.... And remember something about the units. But don't get the point.
I am simple user, but I remember that episode like a delicate one.

Recently I have replicated systems through virtualbox without no problem. That's is : copying the virtual machines from one pc to another with the windows 98SE , Ubuntu and xp on the initial virtual machines.

But all that was reformatted and installed new.

I don't really understand the behaviour now. But perhaps simply is a hd change and the windows firewall. Possibly a bug of this program. But certainly don't affect.

I am supposing about this problem and the communication with ditto in my two pc's. But in one partition of my two pc's work good, and in one of them is N:1
In other partition the ditto interchange clips don't work. And I don't know why......

Do you have any idea ?

BC_Programmer:
it's probably something used by windows firewall...

of course if the firewall rules are NOT working then try changing them...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version