Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Deployment Services  (Read 7349 times)

BORIS29

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Windows Deployment Services
    « on: March 25, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »
    Hello!Any Help PLease.I new To server.
    My problem Is I cannot Deploy Windows XP,from server Windows deploy service.
    I have 2 pc and one server.When i try boot from network onboard( network integrated into the motherboard)
    On clients pc I choose 1boot FROM NETWORK IN BOOT.

ERROR: Novell Netware Ready Firmware v1.00 (940809) Then the following
    RPL-ROM-ADR: 0011 5baXX xxxx
    RPL-ROM-IRQ: 5
    RPL-ROM-FFC:count  2 3 4 5 6
    Insert Boot media in selected Boot device and press a key(i try to use 2 pc and the same error)

NOW, WHEN I INSERT New NETWORK CARD IN PCI SLOT WORK FINE.And i deploy image to any pc.just pressing f12.
    My question is: Its possible to deploy image to client pc, witout newtork card.I just want use my network integrated into the motherboard.
    Or i have to buy for each client pc new network  card.

ANY RECOMENDATION PLEASE.Thank you.

drivenbywhat

Beginner

Re: Windows Deployment Services
      « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »
      In order to boot from network the NIC has to have a PXE option. If it doesn't then it can't boot from network. So it appears that the built-in NIC doesn't have this option and the one you put in does.
      If you think the number of posts you have coincides with your status you are wrong. If you put guru under experience you are a noob. If your post doesn't help the requester and only starts a flame war think before replying. If you are moderator and contribute to these things you should have your privileges revoked.