Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Same as dude 1234 CPU Grinding away at 100%?  (Read 3736 times)

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • The wonders of modern technology.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Same as dude 1234 CPU Grinding away at 100%?
    « on: April 17, 2010, 11:21:31 PM »
    Hi, I have the same/similar problem as dude 1234. Firefox using 100% CPU

I didnt want to steal his post so I made my own.

I have doing a bit of research on different things for browsers, this amongst them. (Well I dont know that its the browser actually).

Every now and then my computer seems to just grind away, fans rev to their limit, windows wont open and the whole system drags for ages then to a total stop.

It seems as though it is a memory problem, but having read that post, I wondered if it was my browser? I have a Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 Ghz 1.5GB of RAM. My computer doesnt always play up like that but it has its moments.

The easiest way to get past it is to close everything and then restart F/F, this does cure it but is really inconvenient if I have lots of windows open.

Can I do anything to cure this phenomenon please?
    It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

dude1234

Rookie

Re: Same as dude 1234 CPU Grinding away at 100%?
      « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:30:30 PM »
      Well your computer is better than mine and, anyway, I have investigated and determined its not a processor or memory problem.

Try using Opera browser and see if you think that eliminated the problem. I'd be interested to know.

"Browser" is the name of the software you use to download and display web material. Examples of browsers are:- Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome.

In case you are not familiar with the term "software", it means a computer program. Computers have hardware (all the electronic bits), and software (all the instructions that are given to the hardware to make it do something useful). My apologies if I have over-simplified this, but it sounded like you needed to know.

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
      • The wonders of modern technology.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        Re: Same as dude 1234 CPU Grinding away at 100%?
        « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 11:56:13 PM »
        Thank you for your explanation dude1234.

I do understand some of the basics of computers, and thank you for your detailed explanation. I find it is better to explain things fully and completely to others because, you/I don't know their expertise or knowledge of these matters.

I had in the recent past a need to use IE as a matter of fact (one I dont use at all) and did download lots of browsers.
        All bar Chrome actually.
        To my liking, I use FF still as my preferred choice and IE (:||x) only because I have to, to edit my website.

It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.