Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AOL Email Contact List Problem  (Read 9567 times)

02bin3

AOL Email Contact List Problem
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:42:37 PM »
This is more of an irritating problem vs a REAL problem.  A few days ago AOL must have done something to the way they show the Email Contact List.  It used to have the list alphabetized by the actual first name of the people you put into it.  All of a sudden it has changed in that it is still alphabetized, however, now I have all kinds of email addresses in parenthesis in between the names of the people I have in there by first name and email addresses of newsletters that would otherwise be consigned to the SPAM list if they weren't listed on your accepted list are now showing up in between the folks you really want to send emails to.   This makes adding addresses to an email very time consuming scrolling down thru all the garbage.   I thought at first that maybe Firefox and AOL weren't playing nice together so I opened AOL in IE8 and the problem was still there.  Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?  If so, how?  I sent an email to AOL Tech team asking them for a fix but that is like sending a wish list to Santa as they NEVER answer your inquiries.  I have Windows 7 64 bit system if that helps.