Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disk I/O error  (Read 8798 times)

a p

Re: Disk I/O error
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2005, 09:44:29 AM »
What happens is the cd-rom is in the bios so i set it to boot first....then when i restart my computer i get the error loading operating system message...so...i go back to my bios to check and the cd-rom is no longer there.........and when i try to use a boot disk i get the  Disk I/O error??

merlin_2

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2005, 09:48:17 AM »

a p

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2005, 10:05:44 AM »
I think i figured it out...just to see what whould happen I disconected my hard drive and booted the computer up..and it worked...windows started to install...so i turned the computer off pluged the hard drive back in and got the OS error....and just to dobble chek I turned it on with out the hd conected and it worked again....so im gusing theres somthing wrong with my hd....

merlin_2

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2005, 10:25:55 AM »
Sorry to beg to differ....but how did you get the pc to work without the hard drive!<windows>

a p

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2005, 10:29:26 AM »
no clu?????when its conected i get the error when its not windows starts to instal..kinda odd..

merlin_2

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2005, 10:33:51 AM »
I think you meant.....the cdrive you disconnected? yes....and not the hard drive......check the  jumper settings.....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 10:35:38 AM by merlin_2 »

a p

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2005, 10:39:37 AM »
nope..i disconected the hd..and my juper settings are correct(5th time i cheked em)

merlin_2

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2005, 10:43:51 AM »
?

Raptor

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2005, 05:27:20 AM »
What happens is the cd-rom is in the bios so i set it to boot first....then when i restart my computer i get the error loading operating system message...so...i go back to my bios to check and the cd-rom is no longer there.........and when i try to use a boot disk i get the  Disk I/O error??

Be certain that you press Exit and save changes.

Do not press escape on your keyboard as it may use the function Exit and discard changes.

Heed attention to the keys required for navigation by your BIOS, once settings are saved, they are saved and would not revert back to default status unless your CMOS battery is depleted or the CMOS chip damaged.