Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet dial-up cell phone?  (Read 3060 times)

Kelly

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• What I would look like if I lived in South Park
    Internet dial-up cell phone?
    « on: July 10, 2005, 06:26:58 AM »
    I have a new notebook (pentium m), we use dialup for the internet, my question is; Is there a way to use the cell phone as the "land-line" dialer?  Our dial up number is local and we get free local calling on our cell phones.

Computer_Commando

Re: Internet dial-up cell phone?
    « Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 10:04:40 AM »
    You'll have to ask your cell phone provider.  Some have this ability, many don't.  In any event, you will pay extra for this service.

pyroflower

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 10:36:28 AM »
    One of my friends did that, used the cellphone as the dial up, but alot of cable internet is fairly cheap now, I mean I would have paid more to install a landline and then get dialup than I did to pay for cable internet. Shop around and ask ?'s there's alot of lower bandwidth services they won't tell u about b/c theyre not so expensive. I pay $25/month for 128k. cable lite.

pyroflower

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 10:37:23 AM »
    hehe. yay danasoft. ^_^

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 11:09:44 AM »
    Certain Palm PDA can make use of Earthlink. This is a cable leading from the PDA to a cellphone that supported it. It may be available for Laptops as well.