Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet History  (Read 10203 times)

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Internet History
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 05:54:41 AM »
ps. Remove that American flag, you wonder why people hate America. Up tight about anybody that doesn't agree or says something outside your small world. They have freedom of 'selective' speach, you can say anything so long they agree with it, woohoo!
You're a sad, sad little boy.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 05:59:53 AM »
You're a sad, sad little boy.

well, his crystal ball broke, so he can no longer tell what I'm going to say nor can he read your mind and tell what you wonder.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 06:06:53 AM »
And for your information, I read stuff and learn security related computer stuff (photograph memory so I can recall most), the gaps I full in by verifying with google. I'm not saying I'm perfect and yes I could get thinks wrong, but Index.dat files have been around since IE 4.0 and up. People have created privacy programs just designed to view or wipe them.
:)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:27:55 AM by Allan »

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 11:25:59 AM »
Well it's not nonsense, there is tons of info about it and there is 6 of those index.dat files litters through the system, seems overkill to me. Maybe I was mislead however to think it's still not cleaned up as your link suggests after IE7 they have featured a clean up.

No I'm not anti-american or racist, it was poorly written and I just didn't want to go into too much detail as not to offend too much. It's just that the american government is well known to lie to their country and provide a false sense of security. Laugh if you will but previously when George Bush got busted for setting up scans of emails, chat logs and txt messages for keywords like 'Terrorist' and invading millions of users privacy doesn't seem like any trust level at all and that's just one example. They also say 'Freedom of speach' but come crashing down on anything that doesn't agree with them. Congratz on your new president hopefully he'll do a better job. Wheiter your American or not doesn't matter, I have nothing against Americans.

I don't like when people say something can't be done when it clearly can. It's still 3 possible solutions vs no it's impossible to do don't even attempt it. Maybe that solution is just old news, if so I apologise for outdated info which doesn't affect people today.
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 12:17:24 PM »
You use Facebook? FBI brought out a large chunk of that too $50k, ...
Source? 

... so they can gather personal data and also employ new members. What do you think they do, sit around all day? They do I pretty good job at their work by snooping around data if you ask me.
OMG, you have a very, very distorted view.  FBI stands for Federal Bureau of Investigation.  They are a law enforcement agency.  They investigate crimes and, yes, they have a role in national security. 

Are they on Facebook?  Sure.  See http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/16/fbi-facebook-crime-study.  I see nothing wrong them using any legitimate means to hunt down criminals.  Does this mean they are watching everybody's activity on Facebook?  Of course not.  I can assure you they have plenty of urgent and important work to do.  They don't have time and aren't staffed - and will not be granted funding by Congress - to engage in frivolous monitoring of everyone's activity on the Internet.   

Mulreay

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 01:10:32 PM »
Well it's not nonsense, there is tons of info about it and there is 6 of those index.dat files litters through the system, seems overkill to me. Maybe I was mislead however to think it's still not cleaned up as your link suggests after IE7 they have featured a clean up.

No I'm not anti-american or racist, it was poorly written and I just didn't want to go into too much detail as not to offend too much. It's just that the american government is well known to lie to their country and provide a false sense of security. Laugh if you will but previously when George Bush got busted for setting up scans of emails, chat logs and txt messages for keywords like 'Terrorist' and invading millions of users privacy doesn't seem like any trust level at all and that's just one example. They also say 'Freedom of speach' but come crashing down on anything that doesn't agree with them. Congratz on your new president hopefully he'll do a better job. Wheiter your American or not doesn't matter, I have nothing against Americans.

I don't like when people say something can't be done when it clearly can. It's still 3 possible solutions vs no it's impossible to do don't even attempt it. Maybe that solution is just old news, if so I apologise for outdated info which doesn't affect people today.

Hi you are fighting an up hill battle. Your 'ideas' are so distorted and un-realistic the best you can hope for is to quit now and try to save some dignity.
I understand you won't so good luck and see you you all on the flip side. Hat's off to the condemned.

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »
The source I get the information from is news reports and for Facebook, I suggest reading the small print when you sign up, it says all the information can be released to the government. By the way - it was $50k they spent on the project, not 50k users they can check, they have access to it all. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just an example of your privacy isn't as much as you might first believe. So I can understand why there would be index.dat files to check history for IE, makes perfect sense to me, not at all un-realistic, just hidden from most. That's why I thought it would still be used.

It's common sense, social networks like Facebook leak personal data like nobodies business. Employer have used it to catch people playing sick yet saying a different story on their Facebook. CIA and FBI have used it to find terrorist, threats, bomb scares, protect children, and prevent large out-of-control gate crashers, etc. They even used World of Warcaft to track down a criminal, which had no other traces except he daily played the online game. My hat goes off to them!

As for peoples privacy however, it's nowhere to be seen.

Anyways, this is getting off subject for the topic owner, I'll drop it.
Aaron's Game Zone

Mulreay

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »
The source I get the information from is news reports and for Facebook, I suggest reading the small print when you sign up, it says all the information can be released to the government. By the way - it was $50k they spent on the project, not 50k users they can check, they have access to it all. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just an example of your privacy isn't as much as you might first believe. So I can understand why there would be index.dat files to check history for IE, makes perfect sense to me, not at all un-realistic, just hidden from most. That's why I thought it would still be used.

It's common sense, social networks like Facebook leak personal data like nobodies business. Employer have used it to catch people playing sick yet saying a different story on their Facebook. CIA and FBI have used it to find terrorist, threats, bomb scares, protect children, and prevent large out-of-control gate crashers, etc. They even used World of Warcaft to track down a criminal, which had no other traces except he daily played the online game. My hat goes off to them!

As for peoples privacy however, it's nowhere to be seen.

Anyways, this is getting off subject for the topic owner, I'll drop it.

Why oh why???  Why would anyone use facebook as a source of information that is usable. You have serious issues if you think we will understand your cryptic logic. Sorry there is a knock at my door.. *censored* those FBI when I live in Britain... may be it's 007

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 04:10:31 PM »

You're a 15 year old idiot. And if you're lucky enough to grow up, you'll eventually be a full fledged imbecile.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:24:41 PM by Allan »

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
Okay, everyone who isn't interested in answering the original question....stop posting.

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »
Okay, everyone who isn't interested in answering the original question....stop posting.
While you are right, I'll tell you the same thing I told you once before. DO NOT get between me and someone attacking my country.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 03:35:17 AM »
Look at you again, trying to start an argument when one is not necessary. Was it necessary to bring that up? No it wasn't. Now grow up a small bit for crying out loud.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 09:20:59 AM »
I'm not sure I understand, though.

I'm Canadian- and Proud of it; but consider the types of jokes that circulate about Canada- quite frequent on American TV (which we of course get). I might find it humourous not due to the way they intended but rather because of the inaccuracy of the attempt- one particular instance actually cited our police as literally being on horseback and always wearing the dress uniform (the red one) when in fact they do drive police cars and wear standard blue police uniforms. Not to mention the constant references to some supposed "accent" we all have which we in fact do not have. (well, maybe in the East. They are the Deep South of Canada).

Now- you of course see none of this type of stuff directed at the US (well, none that I've seen) but the reaction would be quite different- this is what I don't understand.

I can see the annoyance factor- many people exercise their right to free speech, and of course, not everybody agrees, especially when that right to free speech might be exercised to say that no such right exists, or some similar manner. But this is not exclusive to the U.S- every democratic nation finds that the very rights they give their citizens can often be exercised to claim that those rights don't exist- or are being "recanted" in some form.

The thing is, without these voices, the rights would disappear over time; This is, in essence, one of the main difference between a fascist/communist regime and democracy- with democracy, the people essentially enforce the government's responsiblity to ensure that the basic rights set forth in the original charter/constitution etc are not infringed by new laws- if a new law does infringe on it, the only way to get it repealed is if people speak out. In a dictatorial regime, the voices are simply silenced, and the constitutional regress continues unabated.

Therefore, in many ways, while it is the governments responsibility to keep the original freedoms intact, it is also the responsibility of the subjects of that government to force that government not to infringe on those inalienable human rights that democratic and constitutional confederations hold dear. One of these inalienable rights in the charters and constitutions of every country of that nature- Canada, the U.S, New Zealand, the UK, and so forth, includes the right to free speech. As I said before, we may not always agree with what that right entails others to express, but at the same time, as citizens of these countries we are bound to defend those peoples rights to do so. Consider for a moment that, although we may not agree with what Azzaboi is saying regarding the U.S, it is in fact the very fact that he was able to say it at all that proves him wrong. if there really was some sort of government censorship or "selective" freedom of speech, it stands to reason that his post would have been silently changed by the "thought police" I'm sure he envisions with the task of "selecting" what speech is free. Of course, since his post is present in full and, in a way, his ability to express it is at least in some way protected by the Constitution of the U.S. But here, interestingly enough we learn that New Zealand has no constitution... the various freedoms that would normally be inalienable due to a constitution is really more a set of precedents and conventions; Sure, they are covered by several Constitution Acts that were passed- much like Canada- however, unlike Canada, New Zealand has no Equivalent for the Charter of Rights and Freedoms- which is roughly equivalent to the U.S constitution on many ways.

Now, that being said, it doesn't mean that New Zealand is or ever will become an opressive state, but it is interesting to note that the very country he states as having "selective" free speech and other such discretionary rights in fact has a government document that instead guarantees these rights to all it's citizens- whereas his country does not.

And yes, I'm aware this has nothing to do with index.dat, but I felt it important to take note of this rather interesting, if extremely subtle, irony.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 11:36:58 AM »
I wasn't attempting to attack anyones country, for that I just want to say I'm sorry if it came across the wrong way, I was merly suggesting the way they believe which was flooded though their government...

"Freedom of Speach" and I quote:
As long as your barking does not endanger power structure, you are free to bark. Sure, you'll be called commie, unamerican, terrorist sympathyzer, traitor ... along the way. But you are free to bark.

So I expect a lot of complains from you if you don't understand or agree with something, it's the American way. Why don't you prove it wrong for once.
Aaron's Game Zone

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »
You know little or nothing about America and you've proved it...

A good thing to do when you find yourself in a big hole is to stop digging...

Topic Closed.
If the OP needs it re-opened then PM me or any of the Moderators.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "