Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't run a restore  (Read 2835 times)

Bobh

Can't run a restore
« on: April 04, 2010, 12:53:47 PM »
Hi -
I am running Vista Home Basic   32 bit.
I have ran a backup using Macrium Reflect and it came out on 5 disks.  Now I want to run a restore but I am having trouble following the directions.  I call the program and have the number 1 disk in the computer.  I get a page that is headed "Macrium Reflect - Free Edition".   There is a place that is headed "Restore tasks" and when I click on it I get 3 choices.  The first on is "Restore a Partition from an image file".  If I click on this I get A page . that asks for a folder that contains the image, but gives me no choices to click on.   With this description can you give me any help about I am doing wrong or what I should be doing to run a restore?     Thanks    Bob

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Can't run a restore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:58:28 PM »
Create a bootable disc with Macrium, boot to it and do the restore.

Bobh

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »
Allen -
You can't know how dumb I am.  Maybe you can because you have helped me before. 
You say to "create a bootable disc with Macrium".  Can you tell me how to do it in simple enough language that I can do it?  I am 88 years old and this is pretty foreign  to me but I think I am learning.   Thanks    Bob

Allan

• Mastermind

Bobh

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »
ALLEN -
thanks for the infro.  I will follow that.   Bob

Allan

• Mastermind