Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: username and password  (Read 2370 times)

jmpohl

username and password
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:04:06 PM »
I cannot get into my laptop because I do not remember my username and password.  Is there something I can do to get into the computer to change it.  Best Buy said they could do it, but only if it was purchased there, which it wasn't, so I am stuck without my laptop.  Can someone help me?  thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: username and password
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:57:47 PM »
You can contact the manufacture. That have your personal details on file and they can help you after you give them your serial number and telephone number.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 05:41:22 AM »
How is it possible to forget both your username and password?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »
Memory loss, also referred to as amnesia, is an abnormal degree of forgetfulness and/or inability to recall past events. Depending on the cause, memory loss may have either a sudden or gradual onset, and memory loss may be permanent or temporary. Memory loss may be limited to the inability to recall recent events, events from the distant past, or a combination of both. Although the normal aging process can result in difficulty in learning and retaining new material, normal aging itself is not a cause of significant memory loss unless there is accompanying disease that is responsible for the memory loss.
http://www.medicinenet.com/memory_loss/symptoms.htm