Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: %%-2140993535 and 0x80630801 in event viewer after crash  (Read 24645 times)

Barackenkaempfer

Topic Starter

%%-2140993535 and 0x80630801 in event viewer after crash
    « on: April 23, 2010, 10:58:22 AM »
    hey guys, im having a problem...
    im getting automatic restarts and freezes (no blue screen!), when...im not sure when...mostly when im watching something over stream or windows media player, when im leaving the computer alone (downloading something overnight) or when im installing something what is taking long (games).
    I guess i have no virus/malware or anything...i had, but i removed them. I thought they were the troublemakers and at first i used avira, spybot and windows firewall...then i switched to eset smart security and now im with bitdefender and windows firewall again...no matches of any virus or maleware so far.
    I also have the latest graphicdrivers (http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-64bit), but i didnt download any motherboard or sound drivers, because i red that windows 7 is downloading them automatically (my driverdisk is not working anyway, because it says: not compatible with os).

Sadly i couldnt post a minidumpfile, because I have no idea where my minidump folder is (it should be in C:\Windows\%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP right? i have no %SystemRoot% lol)...advice for finding it would be nice

But at least the event viewer is giving me some information:
    there are always three kinds of errors in i a specific order and frequency (i can post the XML-View too if u like)

The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service terminated with the following error:
    %%-2140993535
    The Peer Networking Grouping service depends on the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service which failed to start because of the following error:
    %%-2140993535
    The Peer Name Resolution Protocol cloud did not start because the creation of the default identity failed with error code: 0x80630801.

my pc is around a month old and im having the problem since then (build it together on my own).
    mostly i use him for playing games, i can play the newest games (battlefield bad company 2) on highest settings all day long without having an issue, but when it comes down to the things said above its like im having a 10 year old machine :-\

im so hoping you guys can help and understand (im german) me

here are my specs:
    CPU: intel i7 920 2.67ghz (not overclocked)
    MB: Asus Rampage II Gene
    RAM: DIMM1: OCZ XTC Platinum OCZ3P1600EB2G   2 GB DDR3 i think its 1600mhz but everest says 1333 ???
    GC: ATI Radeon 4890 OC edition (already overclocked by the company)
    PS: PSU-Number: rs-620-asaa-a1

Here is also a list of programmes that i have installed:
    Adobe Reader 9.0
    Bitdefender AntiVirus 2010
    CCleaner
    DeamonToolsLite
    Everest
    Firefox
    Fraps
    IrfanView
    JDownloader
    K-Lite Codec Pack 64bit
    K-Lite Codec Pack (the normal one, guess its the 32bit version, both were recommended for a 64bit OS)
    OpenOffice 3.2
    QIP

thanks in advance

Barackenkaempfer

Topic Starter

Re: %%-2140993535 and 0x80630801 in event viewer after crash
      « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:00:29 AM »
      solved it by myself i think, i had to delete the file idstore.sst

its located in:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming

you have to turn on the locate hidden files and folders to get there, just type hidden in Start->Search and you will get the option to turn it on

kylecarson

Re: %%-2140993535 and 0x80630801 in event viewer after crash
      « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 10:50:11 AM »
      You rock man! I was having the same problem. I'm a Linux guru but terrible with Windows.