Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mac laptop  (Read 12073 times)

Cityscape

Adviser

• Running Debian 8, Linux Mint and Windows 10.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: mac laptop
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 06:09:10 PM »
If your objective as stated is to only learn your way around the Apple O/S then i don't see why you need to go where the big bucks will be necessary. There are many Apple desktop models that can be purchased very inexpensively. I have 4 in the house all with OSX (leopard) and i did not pay more than $100.00 for any of them--in fact one was a G4 at $2.00.truenorth
You now have me very interested. Where did you get these, ebay?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 06:40:35 PM »
    One was from a Compusa store in Atlanta (it was their training tool for store staff) and they closed that store. That was the one that was $100.00. All others came from garage sales or church sales. All work. truenorth

P_90

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 08:53:44 AM »
      Ok, if your looking to get mac os, ONLY...then you can use a program called virtualbox...if your looking into buying  mac..i wouldnt go with a pc with just the OS on it...i would deffinatly recomend a macbook...if you prefer it new then yes you will be looking at 1000+ however look on ebay or your local craigslist.