Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: firewall  (Read 3544 times)

@@

firewall
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:09:09 PM »
Hello:
PC and communication system  I have consist of:
 Router build -in  firewall - antivirus build -in a firewall and firewall in Windows 7
I believe that this is too much: What is the best way to choose a firewall. In other words what a firewall, which I do and what is the one who stopped him
And if all were employed. What is the result of this

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 12:24:37 PM by @@ »

EEVIAC

Re: firewall
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 01:03:15 PM »
I really can't figure out what your asking..  Generally however, if you're on a home network with only a few TRUSTED users/computers, then Windows/third party firewalls aren't necessary because the router will act as a hardware firewall, protecting your from the Internet..

If you're on a network with a bunch of people in a business, it would be good to keep at least Windows Firewall enabled or a third party firewall, to protect computers inside the network, from other computers/users.  A hardware firewall in this situation would protect ALL users on the network...

If Vista is the OS being used, then the Vista firewall would be good as it is "double-sided", preventing outgoing and incoming malware.  Windows XP provides only a single sided firewall, blocking only incoming traffic.  If XP is being used, a third party firewall might be better, one that has double-sided capabilities..

I wouldn't use more than one software firewall, what ever you decide to do..

@@

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
Thank

This means I can stop the firewall for antivirus (Kasparsky Internet Security)

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »
You should use one software firewall in addition to the router's NAT. It's your choice whether it's the one built into Windows or KIS (though KIS is a superb program). Either way, do not disable your anti-virus.

@@

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 09:57:27 AM »
Is there a relationship between the speed of browsing and firewall

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 10:04:28 AM »
I've heard anecdotal stories about some (especially Zone Alarm) but no, there should be no noticeable difference.

@@

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 10:25:45 AM »
Allan :
Honestly. Thank you for helping all members