Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: issue#1  (Read 2407 times)

Trackstar11s

Topic Starter

Rookie

issue#1
    « on: April 24, 2010, 01:28:55 PM »
    i have DSL on my desktop and it is a wired connection and when i disconnect it from my desktop and connect it to my labtop it doesnt work why is this? is there any way i can connect it to my labtop and get the internet on there instead of my desktop?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: issue#1
    « Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:32:19 PM »
    You will do better if your subject is related to the problem rather than "issue 1" or "issue 2"

@@

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »
    How much way out of the router. Is there a wireless .
    What is the operating system for laptop

Trackstar11s

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 05:59:11 PM »
      im sorry allan i didnt know what to put as the topic like i said before...im not good with computers....but the name of my labtops wireless device is
      {Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 22008G Network Connection}

UKnewWho

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »
        Has it worked like this before?

I only ask because I've dealt with some ISPs who filter traffic by MAC address,, forcing you to call your ISP to clear the mac table in the modem, making doing what you are trying to do not optional. Best idea would to get a router to handle the sharing of the internet connection.

Trackstar11s

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »
          yes hey thanks guys i found out my solution and i have already set up and plan to get is all fixed out but thanks for all the valuble information !!!!!