Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internet connection beteen two computers  (Read 2316 times)

rece

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Familiar
    internet connection beteen two computers
    « on: May 02, 2010, 06:08:31 AM »
    my question is if I connect two computers together to to use internet connection (shared) does the other computer have access to my files and programs?  and if so how do I keep the other computer from using or seeing my files I don't want him to see?  in other words if I connect two computers together to use same internet connection can the other computer see my files on my computer and can he change my settings, I don't what the other computer to use or see my files but want them to share the same internet conection.

drivenbywhat

Beginner

Re: internet connection beteen two computers
      « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 07:15:07 AM »
      The other computer will have access to files that you are sharing.
      If you think the number of posts you have coincides with your status you are wrong. If you put guru under experience you are a noob. If your post doesn't help the requester and only starts a flame war think before replying. If you are moderator and contribute to these things you should have your privileges revoked.

rece

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 06:57:47 AM »
        ok is there a way to keep the other person that is sharing the internet from seeing/ using my files?

drivenbywhat

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 07:26:06 AM »
          Yes, don't share any files. I don't have windows 7 but it hasn't changed much from vista. If you go to "network & sharing" in the control panel you should see options in the bottom for "file sharing" & "network discovery". They each have a quick description of what they are. Read them & after you understand them turn them off.
          If you think the number of posts you have coincides with your status you are wrong. If you put guru under experience you are a noob. If your post doesn't help the requester and only starts a flame war think before replying. If you are moderator and contribute to these things you should have your privileges revoked.

rece

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 05:36:27 AM »
            thanks I think that is what I need to do appreciate the help!