Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Portforward  (Read 2633 times)

groovybluedog

Topic Starter

Rookie

Portforward
    « on: May 16, 2010, 06:38:23 AM »
    Hi,

I recently discovered HideMyAss Pro VPN. Its not the VPN im interested in, Its the unique feature inside. It can open all ports, Meaning i do not need to Portforward (If im correct).

Does anyone here know:

1) A free program that opens all ports, Without making it "in use" so other apps cant use it.
    2) If it replaces the need of portforwarding your router - If not, What can i do to not need to portforward?

Regards

TechGeek

Intermediate
      • Guide to WiFi Optimization
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Portforward
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 07:54:42 AM »
    If you're trying to do something that needs ALL ports forwarded, why not just forward all the ports from your router? It's really easy.

If the ports aren't open on your router, there isn't any software to open them from your PC. That's done from the router.

I feel like you cold benefit from enabling DMZ for your computer through your router.
    I help run my home improvement and home automation forum.

groovybluedog

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:37:55 AM »
      If you're trying to do something that needs ALL ports forwarded, why not just forward all the ports from your router? It's really easy.

If the ports aren't open on your router, there isn't any software to open them from your PC. That's done from the router.

I feel like you cold benefit from enabling DMZ for your computer through your router.

Hey,

Thank you for choosing to help,
      Well, For some reason, Ports wont work. I need to do a game, Which works with Hamachi, Which open ports, But i dont want hamachi, I did all the P/F in the router settings. What now?

Also whats DMZ?

Regards

TechGeek

Intermediate
        • Guide to WiFi Optimization
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 09:03:41 PM »
      Well most home configurations have a router and a modem. Make sure your modem (like a DSL or Cable modem) forwards to your router's IP, and then your router forwards to your computer.

DMZ puts your computer outside the NAT firewall, so it's like it's directly on the internet because the router won't filter traffic to this computer. You can read more about it here: http://hoople_ny.tripod.com/dmz.html It's really easy to set up through your router config page.
      I help run my home improvement and home automation forum.