Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: toshiba won't load  (Read 5525 times)

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: toshiba won't load
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 12:34:02 PM »
...I ran the WD hard drive diagnostics and it checked out as a "pass".  I checked the Fujitsu HD using Seagate tools an it also checked "pass".  What I am currently doing is erasing both drives (the Toshiba recovery disk is telling me 16:53:28 to complete) and will try to reinstall OS using the recovery disks from Toshiba.  I also have some extra Kingston memory laying around and I will try that also.    That's the latest............if I sound frustrated, I am not; I like the challenge...
When data gets corrupted on RAID-0, you're SOL.  Drives are probably good, but the testing tools are not perfect.  16 hrs to "erase" drives seems excessive.

gator

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 03:41:10 PM »
    You're right; the drives checked okay; the only thing I haven't done is to load new drivers for windows xp, or try a new copy of xp.  I have been using the recovery disks that came with the laptop

FYI:  when the system attempts to come up for the first time, is when I get the blue info screen with the loop back message; however it is only up for about 3-4 seconds.  I did notice that if I leave it running for a few more minutes, you can "faintly" hear the music that Microsoft uses as you set up your new system???? no screen image though. :-\ :-\

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »
    If you have access to an XP CD i'd suggest this is the way to go...
    DLoad all the appropiate drivers beforehand so your ready.

You won't have all the pre-installed bloatware on it after the install and the activation key will work as long as
    A) The CD being used is an MS CD and
    B) The machine has a legit Code sticker on it.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "