Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need Help and guidance on how to go about free Internet workshop  (Read 4344 times)

routik

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Powerful learning is a mindset.
    hi all,
    I will like to organize a free internet workshop that will teach the less fortunate how to use the internet and browse, get information, send mails, docs, pictures etc.
    is going to be a 6hours hours workshop but i need guidance and advice on how to achieve this and the basic things you think i will teach them that is necessary for them to know.
    I already have a venue with up to 20 computers connected to the internet that i can use.

thanks
    If you don't take hold of your destiny other people will run your life

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Need Help and guidance on how to go about free Internet workshop
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:44:15 AM »
    You're made a very big request.  I doubt anyone is willing to provide you a content layout for a 6 hour training session. I'll make just a brief comment.

Since you want to cover email in this presentation, I suggest you explain the difference between webmail (accessing email via web browser) and using an email client such as Outlook Express, Outlook, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc.).  Webmail includes such well-know free email services such as Hotmail (Microsoft), Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail (from Google), and webmail includes any other email services that can be accessed via web browser.  For example, I can access my primary email account, the account provided by my ISP, either via web browser, i.e. a webmail interface, or I can set up my email in an email client and use it to get my email.  The latter is possible because the email account is available as a POP mail account.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 09:50:17 AM »
    Have a look at the websites of established certification agencies, e.g. ECDL.

routik

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Powerful learning is a mindset.
      « Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »
      Have a look at the websites of established certification agencies, e.g. ECDL.
      You're made a very big request.  I doubt anyone is willing to provide you a content layout for a 6 hour training session. I'll make just a brief comment.

Since you want to cover email in this presentation, I suggest you explain the difference between webmail (accessing email via web browser) and using an email client such as Outlook Express, Outlook, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc.).  Webmail includes such well-know free email services such as Hotmail (Microsoft), Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail (from Google), and webmail includes any other email services that can be accessed via web browser.  For example, I can access my primary email account, the account provided by my ISP, either via web browser, i.e. a webmail interface, or I can set up my email in an email client and use it to get my email.  The latter is possible because the email account is available as a POP mail account.

your replies are wonderful and already giving me some clues, i really appreciate .

more replies with advice and guidance will be extremely appreciated.

thanks.

:)
      If you don't take hold of your destiny other people will run your life