Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows vista basic 32 was opgraded into windows 7 premium, now no acces to my c  (Read 2539 times)

pc/mi

hello ,
recently was my computer windows vista basic 32 bit upgraded into windows 7 premium(computershop on the corner:(!

now i was trying to reinstall my windows 7, but instead i choose  ``fresh copy of windows on my windows vista:(>>>>> results 2 programs are missed up with eachtother and i can`t even reinstall my windows vista back. i have a copy of windows vista but when i am trying to boot my computer. it says ``nldr file is not found``. i also get blue screen with long code in it 00000 and so onn.

could some one please tell me how can i gett my old windows vista back.

regards,
Nicole

pcs365_2

Beginner

Hi,

1). Use the Windows 2000 Setup disks to restart the computer, or use the Windows 2000 CD-ROM to restart the computer.

2). At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to repair the Windows 2000 installation.

3). Press C to repair the Windows 2000 installation by using the Recovery Console.

4). Type the number that corresponds to the Windows installation that you want to repair, and then press ENTER. For example, type 1, and then press ENTER. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    229716  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/229716/ ) Description of the Windows Recovery Console

5). Type the Administrator password, and then press ENTER.
    6). Type map, and then press ENTER. Note the drive letter that is assigned to the CD-ROM drive that contains the Windows 2000 CD-ROM.
    7). Type the following commands, pressing ENTER after you type each one, where drive is the drive letter that you typed in step 4 of "Method 2: Use the Recovery Console," of this article:
    copy drive:\i386\ntldr c:\

copy drive:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

If you are prompted to overwrite the file, type y, and then press ENTER.

NOTE: In these commands, there is a space between the ntldr and c:\, and between ntdetect.com and c:\.

8). Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    type c:\Boot.ini
    A list similar to the following list appears:

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT

[operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

If you receive the following message, the Boot.ini file may be missing or damaged:
    The system cannot find the file or directory specified.

9). If the Boot.ini file is missing or damaged, create a new one. To do so, follow these steps:

a). Use a text editor, such as Notepad or Edit.com, to create a boot loader file similar to the following boot loader file:

[boot loader]
    timeout=30

[operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    102873  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/102873/ ) Boot.ini and ARC path naming conventions and usage
    301680  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301680/ ) How to create a boot disk for an NTFS or FAT partition in Windows

b). Save the file to a floppy disk as Boot.ini.

NOTE: If you used Notepad to create the file, make sure that the .txt extension is not appended to the Boot.ini file name.

c). Type the following command at the Recovery Console command prompt to copy the Boot.ini file from the floppy disk to the computer:
    copy a:\Boot.ini c:\

10). Type exit, and then press ENTER. The computer restarts.
    PCS365.2
    Bangalore.

Mulreay

Hi,

1). Use the Windows 2000 Setup disks to restart the computer, or use the Windows 2000 CD-ROM to restart the computer.

2). At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to repair the Windows 2000 installation.

3). Press C to repair the Windows 2000 installation by using the Recovery Console.

4). Type the number that corresponds to the Windows installation that you want to repair, and then press ENTER. For example, type 1, and then press ENTER. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    229716  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/229716/ ) Description of the Windows Recovery Console

5). Type the Administrator password, and then press ENTER.
    6). Type map, and then press ENTER. Note the drive letter that is assigned to the CD-ROM drive that contains the Windows 2000 CD-ROM.
    7). Type the following commands, pressing ENTER after you type each one, where drive is the drive letter that you typed in step 4 of "Method 2: Use the Recovery Console," of this article:
    copy drive:\i386\ntldr c:\

copy drive:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

If you are prompted to overwrite the file, type y, and then press ENTER.

NOTE: In these commands, there is a space between the ntldr and c:\, and between ntdetect.com and c:\.

8). Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    type c:\Boot.ini
    A list similar to the following list appears:

[boot loader]
    timeout=30

[operating systems]

If you receive the following message, the Boot.ini file may be missing or damaged:
    The system cannot find the file or directory specified.

9). If the Boot.ini file is missing or damaged, create a new one. To do so, follow these steps:

a). Use a text editor, such as Notepad or Edit.com, to create a boot loader file similar to the following boot loader file:

[boot loader]
    timeout=30

[operating systems]

For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    102873  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/102873/ ) Boot.ini and ARC path naming conventions and usage
    301680  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301680/ ) How to create a boot disk for an NTFS or FAT partition in Windows

b). Save the file to a floppy disk as Boot.ini.

NOTE: If you used Notepad to create the file, make sure that the .txt extension is not appended to the Boot.ini file name.

c). Type the following command at the Recovery Console command prompt to copy the Boot.ini file from the floppy disk to the computer:
    copy a:\Boot.ini c:\

10). Type exit, and then press ENTER. The computer restarts.

Are we reading the same thread here? You have totally lost me in this random rambling. *censored* has win 2000 got to do with it? Floppy disks? Are you mad? I may be wrong but geez I doubt it.  ::)