Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Attempting to understand point accumulation?  (Read 11975 times)

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Attempting to understand point accumulation?
« on: May 25, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
Just joined the team and could use some help. I followed the download instructions and set the program to load automatically at start up.Yesterday I had a personal point accumulation of  55-8-0. This morning when I booted up I was required to add my user name and the 67290 number again?. The number in the task bar at this point showed 0/100. I again checked my personal point accumulation and it showed 55-8-0. After running from 0 /100 this morning I ran it up to 10/100 and had to restart my PC for another matter. At this point I again checked my points and it's still at 55-8-0. After reboot it went from 10/100 to 9/100?  I'm now back at 10/100 and my points are still the same. Doesn't seem normal to me, am I missing something?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Attempting to understand point accumulation?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 04:18:26 PM »
Welcome to the CH F@H group I've got the icon added to your profile.

Regarding your question, sometimes when the computer is restarted it will reset F@H stats because the F@H client is abnormally stopped causing it to loose all progress. If you continue to experience the issue in the future one tip is to close the F@H client before restarting your computer. By closing the client it properly it will not loose any of its current progress.

Normally restarting the computer shouldn't cause this to happen, it should be able to close properly, but something else running on the computer could be causing the abnormal termination.

Hope that helps.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 03:36:21 PM »
Just make sure that if you are shutting down the computer via command-line, make sure NOT to include the -f switch to prevent programs from abnormally closing.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 03:46:37 PM »
Just make sure that if you are shutting down the computer via command-line, make sure NOT to include the -f switch to prevent programs from abnormally closing.

Thanks for that. I believe that I now have it under control.  overthehill