Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop LCD keeps turning off  (Read 1962 times)

Gabriel_Knight

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Chief Executive of Problem Acquisitions
    Laptop LCD keeps turning off
    « on: May 25, 2010, 10:29:03 PM »
    Any time I am doing anything graphically intensive, my LCD likes to just turn itself off. It happens regardless of whether or not I'm playing a game, or just surfing the web, although it seems to happen much more often during a game. I am not sure if this could possibly be the actual LCD screen itself or maybe the video card? I'm not sure. The only fix I have found for it is to shut the lid and open it again. Sometimes it fixes it for awhile, sometimes only for a second or two. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 2gb RAM with an ATI Mobility 512MB X1700...yes, one of the only cards with absolutely no drivers for it. Good pick on my part...TIA

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Laptop LCD keeps turning off
    « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 11:09:32 AM »
    Figured out it was a laptop when you said:  "...shut the lid and open it again..."
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33328.0.html
    •List as much about your computer as possible. This includes operating system (what version of Windows you are using), service packs, computer make/model, RAM, hard drive, sound and video cards, current adware/spyware/virus programs being used on a regular basis, do you have a "real" Windows CD, etc.