Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Loader error 3  (Read 12043 times)

Gpfuson

Topic Starter

Rookie

Loader error 3
    « on: May 28, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »
    I'm running a Compaq desktop pro using windows 2000 pro and I must have deleted or did something, because when I turn it on it goes through the process of starting windows and just before it done it shows me a message stating "Windows 2000 could not start because of an error in the software: report this problem as: Loader error 3 and when I try to use my emergency disk it says's NTLDR is missing. What are the steps that I have to take care of this problem. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

S1L3NTSN1P3R

Rookie

Re: Loader error 3
      « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »
      Okay, your Emergency Disk is to be started from Setup, not booted from. And did you make any *major* system changes before your 2k/NT install went awry? And is it a BSOD, and do you get crash dumps? If so, attach those. Also, attach a photo of the computer screen so I can see what is going on.

Gpfuson

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »
        Well I cant attach any files because I'm not on the internet, but I'll try to explain it a little more. the first thing that started giving me problems was I installed microsoft works & money 2002 Standered and my screen started to blink on and off real rapidly. So I uninstalled it and it continued to do that. After that I restarted my computer and it continued to do the same think. So I ran a program called easy cleaner and I let it do a scan for unnecessary file and I deleted thous. I also did a scan and checked for duplicate file and deleted some of them not all because I wasn't sure about that and it continued with the blinking. I turned the computer off and started to restore all the duplicate files that I could until the screen was blinking so fast I couldn't even click on any thing. Finally I shut down the computer again. When I restarted it, It went through the motions with to the point where it said starting windows 2000 and the bar at the bottom of the screen started moving up until it until it got to the 3,rd bar from the end and the screen went black and at the bottom it said "Windows 2000 could not start because of a error in the software. Report this problem as: Loader Error 3 to your server. And that,s what it continues to do every time I turn it on. I, tried ALL OF THE OTHER START UP'S INCLUDING LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATIONS and still the same thing. So that's exactly what happened. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks GPFuson. 

Gpfuson

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 11:24:53 AM »
          Well I figured out what was wrong. know all I need to know does anyone have a windows 2000 CD I can copy or a program I can burn. thanks gpfuson!

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »
          Sorry, we cannot help you obtain a Windows disc illegally. If you received a disc with the computer you'll have to use that.

Gpfuson

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 08:45:07 AM »
            I wasn't suggesting anything illegal I am just trying to find out how to go about acquiring one, that's all.