Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fatal Error Printer Installation problem  (Read 2825 times)

02bin3

Fatal Error Printer Installation problem
« on: May 28, 2010, 12:15:04 AM »
I have an HP Officejet 6500 Wireless printer that I do not use as a "wireless".  It is connected to my Windows 7, 64 bit, computer with a USB connector and it works just fine.  When I installed it I installed it according to the directions, installing it with the CD that came with it.  My problem is that I want to use this printer with my Lenovo Laptop that is running Vista and when I tried to install it with the CD to the laptop it came up with the "Fatal Error" message.  I went to HP's website and found the explanation for Fatal Error with Vista installation and the multitude of directions to rectify this problem are way above my pay grade and comprehension.  My question is:  Will I cause horrific damage to my computer or printer if I just ignore the installation CD and attempt to do a "plug & play" without using the CD?  According to the directions for the printer it is Vista compatible.  Thank you :)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Fatal Error Printer Installation problem
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 01:02:25 AM »
Fully un install it as anUSB device.
Re install it as a Wireless device that connects through your wireless router.
All PCs in your network should get it via the wireless rooter.
Do not use USB and Wildfires at the same time.
Read the documentation.