Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WG111v2 support guid  (Read 2211 times)

PlasmaticJj

Topic Starter

Rookie

WG111v2 support guid
    « on: May 30, 2010, 05:55:58 AM »
    OK, first off sorry for extremely bad spelling, so i apologise in advance, second, i had this problem but realised what the problem was so I'm going to explane it hear as I'm new and nothing about this website other than it looks awesome.

OK, hear i go...

the WG111v2/v1/ has problems working with windows 7 and vista, so your stating problem is that it does not show the USB adapter at all (does not register that it is plugged in) so, the logical explanation is to search for the updated installation device which you can find on the first page after typing in your USB adapters name in google.

after you download your driver software installation for windows 7/Vista you will see that it "recommends" that you install the software that comes with it.

this is unrecommended as the Netgeer software conflicts with the windows wireless system, so i would strongly recommend that you do not use the netgear siftware for primary wireless usage.

What happens if you install the Netgear software software: a conflit occurs betwine the windows wireless software and the Netgear, what happens is you try connecting to your wireless using the Netgeer softwere and the windows wireless softwere will try and connect at the same time, this makes the wireless device confused and your wireless devise will register with your wifi as "unidentified network" and it will stay like that forever, so, if you have installed the Netgeer software and are experiencing problems than unstall it, install it until a bot appears saying wether you would like to use the windows wireless software or the netgeer softwere, check the windows wireless softwere and check "do not show this message again" and your done.

note: Windows XP users should not have any problem using the Netgeer softwere.

note for us wireless hackers out there: using Aircracck with WG111V2 will only work if your using Linux, the only USB devise that works with Aircrack on windows is the WG111v1. (follow guide to get all USB version working)