Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WHY WONT THEY RUN!? >:(  (Read 5829 times)

Evan

WHY WONT THEY RUN!? >:(
« on: June 15, 2004, 10:13:16 PM »
Well, it had been my first time on the computer for like 24 hours (lol i'm addicted and thats a long time). The first thing that I did when I got on was to get on AIM.. but i got the "AIM cannot be connected." I figured my modem was slightly knocked "off the hook" So I pushed the ACDC jack in a bit tighter and sat still for a few moments. Then i got onto Internet Explorer and it worked? I didnt know why AIM didnt but Explorer did. Then I noticed that MSN Yahoo and Steam werent connecting either. I got really panicy and looked for odd programs that I found under "add/remove programs" and uninstalled them then restart my computer.  So i had to post to see how to set back my changes. When I restored my computer (set for a day ago) it said "Restore Incomplete, no changes made on your computer" then i tried it again... Still nothing. Then I was told by Someone to get ad-aware and spybot and all these things and see if that would work and destroy the problem Nothing, at all, and I called my ISP (Cox Cable) and they say that if the Internet Explorer is running then your internet is up and "We dont mess with third party internetprograms such as AIM"

Grrr, this is really frustrating for me.. I have a lot of work to do that I need those programs..

~Evan

merlin

Re: WHY WONT THEY RUN!? >:(
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 02:00:59 PM »
what o/s is this and do you have a firewall that maybe stopping it...and which programs did you uninstall?