Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Everything onscreen becomes very LARGE  (Read 2790 times)

dtc

Topic Starter

Everything onscreen becomes very LARGE
    « on: May 18, 2010, 08:44:11 AM »
    When I turn on my PC (HP Intel Pentium Dual 4.00 MB...Windows Vista) the size of everything onscreen becomes very large quickly in (3) increments. Most of the icons are offscreen. When I switch to the other screennames, the size is normal. I had successfully used System Restore before but it doesn't work on my screenname now and sometimes makes the other screenname items large also. I don't know how to pick a 'valid' previous restore point without just guessing.
    I tried the suggestion here of going to Graphics Properties-Display Settings-Advanced Settings and setting Horizontal size to 0 (from 80) but it keeps reverting to 80.
    I changed the Screen Resolution from to 800x60 to 1024x768 and it helps somewhat but it is a little blurry. 1152x720 seems a little better but do I really need to do that?
    Sometimes when the cat touches the keyboard the enlargement happens. Is there a key(s) that can cause this? Are there keys that can correct it?
    Thank you! DTC

ksmic

Greenhorn

Re: Everything onscreen becomes very LARGE
      « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 05:33:21 AM »
      IDK maybe u have a graphic prob. Next time keep ur cat of the computer. U dont know wat might happen next. ;D

computerhelpmaryland

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 07:22:06 AM »
        Any chance of getting a screenshot of this? Just hit the screenshot button and paste it into the paint program then save it to desktop the paste it here...

dtc

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 12:42:44 PM »
          Thank you. Actually it's more often something I'm doing to cause this by handling the keyboard maybe. I thought I had solved the problem by going to Graphics Properties, then Display Settings but the option of 1440x90-60Hz is usually not available in the list under Screen Resolution. The options skip from 1280x1024 to 1400x1050. Set at 1400x1050, a warning comes stating  'Input Signal Out of Range  Change settings to 1440x900-60Hz'. Sometimes that option appears in the drop down menu but usually not. It won't allow setting it manually here.

Broni

Mastermind
          • Kraków my love :)
            • Computer Help Forum
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »
          Try to reinstall your video driver.