Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cant Browse the Web  (Read 2222 times)

jay48blkm

Cant Browse the Web
« on: June 06, 2010, 04:21:48 PM »
I formatted my hard drive on my desktop and restored it to it's oringinal state, before i did so everything worked well including  my internet but after I formatted  and got through the intial section of XP to get the updates  ect. my connection to the web does not open a web page. I get  the 'web page cannot be displayed  diagnose your connection problems'. I have the connected icon and it shows i'm connected to my router, by the way the router works properly because both my laptop and my wie's desktop connect from this router with excellent signal strength. My router is connected directly into this desktop and I changed nothing or removed any connections prior to the formatting. I've gone into the device manager and the network adapter shows nothing is wrong there. I have found that no IP address present and nothing i've tried has worked to get one assigned. I've called my provider and gone through their service manager with no results. Again it does show the connected icon by i'm unable to get an actual connection to surf ....is there any help?

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Cant Browse the Web
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »
Are you showing ANY errors in device manager? Did you install the chipset driver? Have you tried resetting both the modem and the router?