Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Downgrade from Windows 7 to VIsta  (Read 16292 times)

UNSCSpartan3

Beginner

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Downgrade from Windows 7 to VIsta
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »
um you mean there's people who can drive cars merely by knowing how to move their feet and arms properly and caring less about anything else except needing gas?

but i am wondering who would downgrade from win 7 to vista anyway????

the only part i agree with is the downgrading who would do that? I have windows 7 U 64bit and i love it

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 11:45:51 PM »
I'm using windows vista and it's fine for me, but if you have win 7, i'd just stick with it.

mroilfield

Mentor
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 11:55:11 PM »
the only part i agree with is the downgrading who would do that? I have windows 7 U 64bit and i love it

Once again not every one likes Windows 7. If you use it and like it then good for you but remember every one isn't like you.
You can't fix Stupid!!!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 11:59:05 PM »
Just because they could check their little emails dosent mean their computer smart... Just think you can also train a monkey to use a touch screen to do basic math but that dosent mean they understand it.
DOESN'T. it DOESN'T mean. THEY'RE. computer smart.

And thank you for REHASHING exactly what I said but making it two sentences long, full of typos, and self-conflicting.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 12:01:15 AM »
It really is time for UNSCSpartan3 to sit right down and pour himself a big tall cool glass of STFU.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 12:14:03 AM »

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 05:32:08 AM »
But can you train a monkey to "no" the difference between "there", "their", and "they're"? Apparently "knot".

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 06:16:46 AM »
Never trussed yore spell chequer to find awl yore mistakes.

killerb255

Adviser
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010, 01:46:16 PM »
    So as i said before people like what they know even if the new might work better. And by the way most Granny's are to computer illiterate to understand how to turn the f-ing computer on and off! So before you get all pissy why don't you take a step back and look at the majority instad of the minority 

Like I said, work on the presentation there.  Saying exactly what's on our mind won't always accomplish what we want. 

Communication is a two-way street.  If people aren't listening, then talking is a waste of time.  So think about what you say and ask yourself if what you say is causing people to listen or dissociate.
    Quote from: talontromper
    Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

Hankster58

Beginner
      « Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 08:19:05 PM »
      All right you guys, now leave the "kid" alone!! It's not his fault he can't spell, and his text is chock full of grammatical errors..... It's just that when it comes to using such "advanced" features as spell checker.... we'll, he's a bit  long on "computer illiteracy"..... ;-) must be "old age" creeping up on him.... LOL!!  ;D

2x3i5x

Expert
      « Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 09:07:05 PM »
      All right you guys, now leave the "kid" alone!! It's not his fault he can't spell, and his text is chock full of grammatical errors..... It's just that when it comes to using such "advanced" features as spell checker.... we'll, he's a bit  long on "computer illiteracy"..... ;-) must be "old age" creeping up on him.... LOL!!  ;D

as long as he is making sense, regardless of his english flaws, then we'll leave him alone.  ;D ;D ;D

I Shooter

Hopeful

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 12:34:50 AM »
        I am well over fifty. The people I know use computers and yes some are older than I am. I have worked with Auto C.A.D. for the past twenty years. I have had more computers than I care to remember. I have spent way to much money on them. I do understand people wanting to keep what they know. I have an old rifle that I know when I shoulder it where the bullet is going to hit all the way out to five hundred yards. On a new rifle I would have to learn all that stuff all over again and that takes time and money. Time that is so all important at this stage of my life. In the past year I have gone from Windows Vista to Windows 7 on the wife's new lap top to changing over to Linux Mint and Ubuntu because I have two operating systems that were made by Microsoft that just don't work and can't get any help from them to make them work. So I will not buy any more stuff from them. So I have to learn some thing new. Spend the time because some Co. can't spend the time to make there stuff they sold work. What you  said has nothing to do with old people. It has to do with time. People not wanting to spend time to learn some thing new. Did we need Windows Vista? No Windows XP worked fine. You still have people using XP because they don't want to spend the time to learn a new system. That isn't a bad thing it is just the way things are. I have an old computer that it's only job is to run a Auto C A D program. It works as good today as the day it was built by my son. It has never been up graded. Should it be? Why? It works fine just the way it is. I built my wife a computer two years ago. She surfs the net, uses it for her sewing machine and camera. Should I up date her computer to Windows 7? So she would have to learn a new OS and get up dates for her sewing machine. No it will stay as is. When it breaks it will be repaired and  used as it is till it is no longer needed. The reason for this is time. There is no reason for her to have to spend the time to learn a all new system just to have a new system when the system she has works. The reason people down grade to windows XP or Vista is because they don't want to spend the time or money to learn a new system and change all there software to work on that system and they are not all old people. On this site you will hear people talk about how great XP is and that there is no reason to change. I don't think that they are all old. Though most may not want to spend the money to up grade when every thing is working fine. I have a system set up with XP so the grandkids can play a bunch of old games I have on it. It will never be up graded because it wouldn't play the games if it was.

michelsmith

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 12:48:16 AM »
          Windows 7 required more memory or space as comparison to windows vista or xp.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 11:19:25 AM »
          Windows 7 required more memory or space as comparison to windows vista or xp.

Space? Windows 7 fits in my little Shuttle mini PC.

talontromper

Hopeful
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 11:39:26 AM »
          Space? Windows 7 fits in my little Shuttle mini PC.

Well that maybe the case, however the total space used  for XP's windows folder is along the lines of 2 gigs of space that has to be allocated. with WIN 7 its along the lines of 15 gigs.... as far as RAM is concerned xp in its most rudimentary form it only used 150 MBs and 7 uses 1 gig plus of RAM

I am well over fifty. The people I know use computers and yes some are older than I am. I have worked with Auto C.A.D. for the past twenty years. I have had more computers than I care to remember. I have spent way to much money on them. I do understand people wanting to keep what they know. I have an old rifle that I know when I shoulder it where the bullet is going to hit all the way out to five hundred yards. On a new rifle I would have to learn all that stuff all over again and that takes time and money. Time that is so all important at this stage of my life. In the past year I have gone from Windows Vista to Windows 7 on the wife's new lap top to changing over to Linux Mint and Ubuntu because I have two operating systems that were made by Microsoft that just don't work and can't get any help from them to make them work. So I will not buy any more stuff from them. So I have to learn some thing new. Spend the time because some Co. can't spend the time to make there stuff they sold work. What you  said has nothing to do with old people. It has to do with time. People not wanting to spend time to learn some thing new. Did we need Windows Vista? No Windows XP worked fine. You still have people using XP because they don't want to spend the time to learn a new system. That isn't a bad thing it is just the way things are. I have an old computer that it's only job is to run a Auto C A D program. It works as good today as the day it was built by my son. It has never been up graded. Should it be? Why? It works fine just the way it is. I built my wife a computer two years ago. She surfs the net, uses it for her sewing machine and camera. Should I up date her computer to Windows 7? So she would have to learn a new OS and get up dates for her sewing machine. No it will stay as is. When it breaks it will be repaired and  used as it is till it is no longer needed. The reason for this is time. There is no reason for her to have to spend the time to learn a all new system just to have a new system when the system she has works. The reason people down grade to windows XP or Vista is because they don't want to spend the time or money to learn a new system and change all there software to work on that system and they are not all old people. On this site you will hear people talk about how great XP is and that there is no reason to change. I don't think that they are all old. Though most may not want to spend the money to up grade when every thing is working fine. I have a system set up with XP so the grandkids can play a bunch of old games I have on it. It will never be up graded because it wouldn't play the games if it was.

I'd have to agree/disagree with this gentlemen, I have a computer that its only job is to do Auto C.A.D. and it works just fine, but upgrading the hardware with a better video card does help but it is not required but it does make rendering and other graphics card intensive word faster.  I whole heartedly agree with him as far as time goes, when I first upgraded to WIN 7 I hated the change but with time I grew to absolutely love the change of OS's.
          "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide