Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen has turned sideways and wont undo...  (Read 4980 times)

adrian28

Screen has turned sideways and wont undo...
« on: July 19, 2005, 11:23:34 PM »
So I was trying to load a cd and it wasn't loading, so I hit alt/ ctrl/ dlt to see if anything was wrong, and all of a sudden my screen turned black and fliped around 90 degrees.  I may have hit another button by accident, but I dunno what I could have hit to do that.  I have winbdows xp, no new settign have been applyed, what could it be?

and yes my head is tilted sideways typing this. lol.

Kerr_Rose

Re: Screen has turned sideways and wont undo...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 11:29:08 PM »
I'm new here, as of this morning, but I'm having similar troubles!! Only my screen turns sideways every time I wake it up from hibernation. Anyway, to turn it back to normal, just right click on your desk top and go to properties. Under the settings tab, click Advanced, and see if there is a Rotation tab.

Hope that helps! Someone just shared that with me this morning. Hope you don't have continued troubles with your monitor like I'm having!

adrian28

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 11:54:14 PM »
hmm I dont see a rotation tab anywhere in there...

Kerr_Rose

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 12:33:11 AM »
Hmmm... maybe you have a different version than I do. You're looking at the Advanced under settings??

Anyway, being a newbe myself, I'm not much help, but have you tried shutting down the computer? That's the only other thing that worked for me.

If that doesn't work, someone else will have to help you. There are much better experts around here than me. Maybe they can help both of us!! :)

adrian28

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 12:52:17 AM »
yep, tried both those, but thanks anyways.  :)

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 04:43:24 AM »
What videocard is installed and what drivers are you using?

Mac

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 05:24:47 AM »
Quote from another forum...

"She had intel 845 graphics and there is a rotation setting in the software."