Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: win98se  (Read 5025 times)

moon mistress

win98se
« on: July 02, 2010, 10:57:50 PM »
Computer is in DOS an I need to either restart it to get back to windows98 screen OR shut this thing down.  The person previously working on my computer did not return it to its original setting, I tried to shut down the computer, but did not notice it said "Restart computer in DOS mode" until after I had clicked OK.  Now I'm on a command page and it won't do anything I ask it to...like...Exit, or shut down, or restart,or close.  The person working on the computer is not available until after the 4th.  I don't wish to leave the computer on in this mode for the next 4 days. I need to know the correct command to give the computer.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm a newbe to computers and I seem to be learning everything the hard way.  Someone please help me !!   Thanks...........Moon Mistress

Salmon Trout

Re: win98se
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »
At the prompt, try typing

WIN

and pressing ENTER

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »
Computer is in DOS an I need to either restart it to get back to windows98 screen OR shut this thing down...
If in DOS, turn it off.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 05:22:53 PM »