Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 2000 server help  (Read 4764 times)

Alfred

Windows 2000 server help
« on: July 19, 2005, 01:27:09 PM »
I currenly have the problem on a server running windows 2000 server where in the event viewer only the system log is visible. If you then switch to any of the other logs you get blank space with only the amount of events displayed at the top.  In other words there are no log files visibile within my event viewer? View all records is set on view tab.  Event viwer services are set to automatic and up and running fine.  Any idea what happened?  I need to check appliction logs frequently as part of Exchange administration.  Exchange 2000 is running on these servers.  I am running windows 2000 SP4 on these servers.
Any help in with this will be much appreciated

merlin_2

Re: Windows 2000 server help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 01:47:21 PM »
What does......net type after the cmd  prompt

Tell you..!....is the page swap file set to low....for the events log.... has windows delete it when it hits the max...files....

pcdoc4christ

Re: Windows 2000 server help
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 06:00:11 PM »
Administrator Al:

M_2 is on to something.  Your server may be exceeding the default maximum size of 512 KB for the log.  

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windows2000/win2khg/appxa.mspx

Try increasing the size to 1024 KB or more.

Regards,
Doc